You will need the Connections Settings permission to perform this action.
Click on "Connections" from the left hand navigation. Afterwards, click on the arrow next to the "Add New" button and select "Settings."
A pop up will appear. Click on the "Add New Type" button. The fields below will clear and you can define the details of the new connection type.
The following fields are available:
- Name - the name of the connection type
- Description - a brief description explaining what this type is and when to use it.
- Active? - whether the type can be used when adding new connections. If set to "No," this type will not be available.
- Default Assignment - the person that should follow up with the connection by default when a new connection of this type is added to the system. Leave blank to not have it auto assign. The person can be overridden as needed when adding a connection.
- Days to Complete - the number of days the person has to complete the connection. After the due date passes, the connection becomes past due.
Use this section to define custom fields. Any fields you add here will only appear when this type is chosen while adding/editing the connection. You will need to save the new type before being able to add custom fields.
Once you are done, click on "Save" to finish creating the new connection type.
Adding Custom Fields
To add a custom field, go to the connection settings pop up (as shown above), and choose the connection type from the drop down.
Under the "Additional Fields" section, click on "Add new custom field."
Another pop up will appear where you can define the custom field to add. The fields that can be added are the same as the ones when designing a form. See the "Fields" section of this article for more information on how to define the field. Item/Ticket and Donation fields cannot be added as custom fields.
Editing Custom Fields
To edit an existing custom field, go to the connection settings pop up (as shown above), and choose the connection type from the drop down. The current custom fields will appear under the "Additional Fields" section.
Hover over the field you want to edit, and click on the pencil icon. A popup will appear where you can change the settings. Click on "Save" once you are done.
Deleting Custom Fields
To delete an existing custom field, go to the connection settings pop up (as shown above), and choose the connection type from the drop down. The current custom fields will appear under the "Additional Fields" section.
Hover over the field you want to delete, and click on the trash icon. A confirmation message will appear. Click on "Yes" to finish deleting the field.