Import Into QuickBooks Desktop
Navigate to "Contributions > Transactions" in the left hand navigation menu. Then, click on the arrow next to the "+ Add New" button to open the drop down and select "Download QuickBooks File (.iff)"
A pop up will appear. There are two options for downloading the IIF file.
- Include transactions since last download - a copy of each file downloaded is stored in the system. This option will download any transactions which were added/edited since the last download.
- Include transactions since date - this option allows you to choose a starting date for any added/edited transactions.
Once you select an option, click on "Download" to download the QuickBooks file.
Tip: you can download any previously downloaded file by clicking on "view previous downloads" and selecting the file from the table that appears.
Finally, to import into the QuickBooks Desktop application, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your company file as the Admin.
- Make sure you are in Single User mode.
- From the File menu, choose Utilities > Import > IIF Files.
- Go to the location of your .IIF file and highlight it.
- Click Open.
- A message will appear confirming your data has been imported.
- Click OK.
For more information, read this article from QuickBooks.
Import into QuickBooks Online
The first step is to download a CSV of the transactions you would like to import into QuickBooks Online. This can be done in a few different ways.
Download From Transaction Listing
You will need the Full Read Financial permission to perform this action.
Navigate to "Contributions > Transactions" from the left hand navigation and make sure you are looking at the "Listing" view (top right area). Use table filters to filter the data to just the transactions you want to import into QuickBooks (i.e. filtering by date range). Finally, click on "Actions > Export" to download a CSV file of the transactions.
Download From Query Builder
You will need the Full Read Financial and Reporting permission to perform this action.
Navigate to "Reporting > Contributions" in the left hand navigation menu. The Contributions Query Builder will appear. Use the filters to retrieve only the transactions you would like to import into QuickBooks. Click on "View Results" button to see the filtered transactions. Afterwards, click on "Export" button above the results. to download a CSV file of the transactions.
Importing into QuickBooks
After downloading the CSV file containing the transactions, you can import the transactions by following this article from QuickBook Online's help desk: