We are excited to announce the addition of a brand new major module to One Church: Accounting! This new area of the system is currently available on all subscription plans for the duration of the Early Access period.
What is Early Access?
Early Access allows you to access our brand new accounting module early before it becomes a regular part of our offering. During this period, those that choose to take advantage of the accounting system can do so at no cost. We appreciate and encourage any feedback and suggestions you may have as you use this new module.
There are still many more important features we want to implement in the near future, but we wanted to get this into your hands as soon as possible. See below for those that are on the roadmap. These will be released as they are finished. If you have any ideas for other additions, please let us know!
What features are currently available?
The following features are available:
- Chart of accounts and fund management
- Adding, editing, and deleting transactions in account registers
- Journal entries and fund transfers
- Accounts Payable: Entering bills the church owes others (repeating bills are supported)
- Accounts Receivable: Sending invoices to others that owe the church money. Online payment processing is available if One Church Giving is enabled.
- Reporting dashboard with various graphs and metrics to provide an overview of the church's finances including income statements, balance sheets, cash flow and more. All reports (including graphs) can be drilled down for full understanding in how the numbers are calculated.
- Contribution batch posting to accounting (including partial posting)
- Bank transaction import with rule matching
- Bank reconciliation
Note: Our accounting system supports fund accounting which is a standard almost all nonprofit organizations and churches have to use in some way. This helps support accountability over profitability and makes it easy to know income and expenses that are allocated for different funds. This means you can have a single bank account for the church, and One Church helps you to keep track of how much money is going in and out for each fund (i.e. General Fund, Building Fund, Program Fund, etc.).
What is on the roadmap for the future?
We have a lot of exciting features we plan on adding to accounting in the coming months. They are:
- Bank integration
- Check printing
- Additional reporting
We will release these as they are ready.
When will Early Access end?
We plan on ending Early Access once all the features above have been implemented. In addition to the list above, we plan on also adding the features below. However, this would be after Early Access has ended.
- Tax Form 990 preparation and electronic submission
Is there a cost after Early Access ends?
There is NO cost while accounting is in the Early Access period. Afterwards, accounting will be an add-on for all plans for $35 a month with a 20% discount possible on yearly plans. However, if you enroll in One Church Giving* AND on the Complete plan, you'll get accounting for FREE!
*usage is required to take advantage of this offer.