You will need the Reporting permission to perform this action.
Go to "Reporting > People" in the left hand navigation menu to access the People Query Builder. From there, use the filters to construct a query which will return the people you would like to be included in the directory. If you leave it as the default, it will return all active person profiles.
Once you are done with the query, click on "Actions > Generate Report" and select the "People Directory" option in the "Reports" drop down.
The following parameters will appear:
- Title - this is the text that will appear at the top of the first page of the directory. If left blank, the name of your organization will be used.
- Subtitle - this is the text that will appear underneath the title text. Leave blank to leave that space empty in the directory.
- Grouping - how the information should be grouped. There are two possibilities:
Individual: This will generate the directory as a list of people. Families may appear next to each other based on the ordering (chosen below).
Family: Each family will be shown with a header displaying the family name with the primary address underneath. The address is chosen from the head of household. In the case the head of household does not have an address, it will be chosen from the spouse. The family members are ordered as follows: head, spouse, children, everyone else. Within each position, the members are ordered by age, oldest to youngest.
Please note, this will return all members of the person's family even if they do not appear in the query results (unless they are unlisted as specified in their privacy settings).
- Ordering - this only applies if the "Grouping" is "Individual." This controls how the people are ordered. If "By last name" is chosen, the people will be listed alphabetically by their last name, then first name. If "By family name" is chosen, the people will be listed alphabetically by their family name, then last name, then first name. Choose this option if you want to guarantee members of the same family will be next to each other.
- Name Format - controls how the person's name will be displayed.
- Fields - determines what information will be shown on the directory. If image is not chosen, the generated output will have more columns meaning more people will fit per page. See the Tips section below for more information.
- Orientation - the orientation for the printed page: either portrait or landscape.
- Format - the kind of output requested. This can either be a PDF or HTML file.
Please note, any profiles whose privacy settings indicate they should be unlisted will NOT appear in the output.
Once you have finished, click on the "Generate" button to generate the directory. Once complete, the file will automatically download.
Below are some possible directories that can be generated.
- If you only want to include people with addresses on the directory, add a filter to the query to only return profiles with addresses. This applies to any other field as well. An example for the address filter may look like this:
- The number of columns the people are displayed depends on whether the directory is in portrait or landscape orientation and whether images are included. The columns are determined as follows:
Portrait with images: 2
Portrait without images: 3
Landscape with images: 4
Landscape without images: 5