You will need the Financial Settings permission to perform these actions.
Click on "Contributions > Settings" in the left hand navigation menu. Then click on the "Funds" tab. From here you can:
- Add, edit, and delete funds
- Set up the preferred funds
- Configure giving portal funds
Click on the "Add Fund" button.
A pop up will appear with the following fields:
- Label - the name of the fund. This is what appears on the giving statement, giving portal, and confirmation emails.
- Fund Code - the internal code for the fund. This does not appear in outside communication or the giving portal.
- SMS Keywords - allowed keywords when using text giving. If none, this fund is not allowed for text giving.
- Category - an optional category for the fund. Categories are used to group funds and make it easier to organize long lists of funds.
- Campus - the campus this fund belongs to. It is suggested that any funds that are meant for a campus be linked to that campus.
- Tax Deductible? - This determines the default setting when someone gives to this fund. You can override this on individual line items when adding new transactions manually to a batch. By default, non tax deductible transactions are not included in giving statements.
- Giving Portal - whether to allow giving to this fund from the giving portal. You will still need to add the fund to the "Giving Portal Settings" section to show it in the giving portal. This setting does not affect text giving.
- Active? - If yes, the fund can given to from the giving portal and text giving. Otherwise, you cannot. You also cannot create a transaction for this fund manually from within a batch.
- Type - allows you to add either a text box or a drop down field when this field is selected from the giving portal. Use this to gather more information when someone gives to this fund. This is not used for text giving.
Click on the "Edit" button at the end of the row of the fund you want to edit. A pop up will appear containing the fund details. Click on "Save" once you update the fields.
Select "Delete" from the drop down menu at the end of the row containing the fund you want to delete. A confirmation message will appear. Select "Yes" to finish removing the fund.
Setting the Preferred Funds
A preferred fund is the fund which is automatically selected for a person when using the giving portal or text giving. The system will first use the preferred fund on the person's profile. If there is none, the preferred fund for the campus they attend is used. Otherwise, the Global Preferred fund is used.
To manage the preferred funds, hover over the "Preferred Funds" section and click on "edit section". A pop up will appear where you can update the funds. When done, click on "Save" to finish.
Configuring the Giving Portal Funds
You can organize how funds appear in the giving portal by going to the Merchants tab and clicking on the appropriate merchant under the Account Listing section. A pop up will appear containing all giving portal settings. Scroll down to the section named "Designations". From there, you can easily indicate which should be available to online donors as well as control the order they appear in.