You will need the Full Write Sermons permissions to perform this action.
There are two ways you can add a new sermon to One Church Software. The first is to click on the "New" drop down menu at the top of any page, and click on "Sermon."
The other way is to navigate to the sermon listing and click on the "Add New" button at the top.
Regardless of which method you choose, a pop up will appear where you can enter the details for the sermon. The following fields are available:
- Title - the name of the sermon.
- Speaker - the person who gave the teaching. You can edit the list of speakers using the menu to the right of the dropdown. You will need the Sermons Settings permission to do so.
- Series - the teaching series the sermon is a part of (if any). You can edit the list of series using the menu to the right of the dropdown. You will need the Sermons Settings permission to do so.
- Date - the date the sermon was given.
- Summary - a brief summary on what the sermon was about. This is limited to 1000 characters.
- Show Online? - whether to show the sermon, either listed within the system or through the API, to any one without the Full Write Sermons permission.
This section allows you to add one or more bible verses to the sermons. These are considered the verses that are central to the message given. To add a new row, click on the "+" button. To remove a verse, click on the "-" button at the end of the verse you want to remove.
If you type an audio transcript for the sermon, you can enter it here.
Once finished, click on "Save" at the bottom of the pop up to create the person's profile. You can check on the "Keep open and add another" check box if you are adding multiple people at once.