You will need the Full Write Groups permission to perform this action.
There are two ways you can add a new group to One Church Software. The first is to click on the "New" drop down menu at the top of any page, and click on "Group."
The other way is to navigate to the group listing and click on the "Add New" button at the top.
Regardless of which method you choose, a pop up will appear where you can enter the details for this group. The following fields are available:
The general tab contains basic information about the group.
- Name - the name of the group. This must be unique meaning no two groups in the system can have the same name. This field is required and is limited to 200 characters.
- Category - the group category. Use this field to label the group (e.g. Staff, Campus Volunteers). You can manage the list of categories by clicking on the menu to the right of the drop down or clicking on "Add New" if there are none. You will need the Full Write Groups permission to do so.
- Language - the primary language spoken in the group (if applicable). You can manage the list of languages by clicking on the menu to the right of the drop down. You will need the Full Write Groups permission to do so.
- Campus - if you have multiple campuses, this field contains the campus this group is associated with (if any). You can manage the list of languages by clicking on the menu to the right of the drop down. You will need the Campuses permission to do so.
- Childcare? - whether child care is provided for members of this group. This is mostly applicable to groups of type "Small Group."
- Description - description of the group. This field accepts HTML which means you can embed videos, images, and format the text.
This table contains information related to when and where meetings take place. If the group does not meet regularly, you can leave this area blank.
When do you meet?
- Day & Time - the day of the week and the time meetings take place. Only weekly recurring schedules are accepted here. This is mainly applicable to small groups which generally meet every week.
- Starting On - the date meetings start. If meetings have already started, choose a date in the past which lands on the day of the week meetings occur. If you pick a day that does not correspond to the week day chosen in the previous field, the week day will update to match.
Where do you meet?
Enter the address where the group meets here. If they meet at a campus, you can click on the "Use Campus Address" to import the address of one of your church campuses.
This tab contains any custom fields you want to track on each member of the group. You will not be able to define these fields while creating the group. However, after you save, you can edit the group and define these fields.
See the "Fields" section on this article for more information on which fields can be added. Note that payment fields such as Ticket/Item and Donation cannot be added.
This tab contains various configuration settings which affect how the group is displayed and functions.
- Type - the type of group. Choose the ones which best matches the purpose of the group. The type chosen will be visible to others when viewing the group listing. You can define new types by clicking on the menu to the right of the drop down or clicking on "Add New" if there are none. You will need the Full Write Groups permission to do so.
- Membership - controls how new members can be added. Possible values are:
Internal - This group is visible only to leadership. Members can only be added by leadership and the members will not know they are part of this group.
Invite Only - People must sign up or be invited by leadership to join this group.
Public - Allows people to see all group information such as events, files, and discussions. This also allows them to register themselves into the group without a leader's approval.
- Interactive? - If set, members will be able know who else is a member of the group. Leaders will always be visible.
- Listed? - Whether this group will be visible to non-members. If not listed, only the members of this group will be able to see the group.
- Active? - If not active, this group will no longer be accessible to members. Leadership will still be able to access this group.
This section contains settings related to the check-in system.
- Leaders Only? - If yes, only leaders of this group will be able to add new people to the roster. If no, new people can be added from a manual check-in within an event as well. This defaults to "No."
When you are finished entering the information, click on "Save" to finish. You will be redirected to the new group afterwards.