Pushpay provides mobile giving solutions and custom mobile apps to over 7,000 churches around the world, including 50 of America’s Top 100 churches. This article will show you how to link your Pushpay account to your One Church Software account.
This integration will automatically import any donations that were done in Pushpay regardless of the method (i.e. text, app, online, etc). If you would like to enable online giving directly within One Church, please see this article on details regarding One Church Giving.
Besides taking advantage of all the great features Pushpay offers, enabling this integration provides the following benefits:
- Automatic import of all contributions done through the Pushpay website, mobile app, or text giving into One Church in real time. You can view all transactions by clicking on "Contributions > Transactions" from the left hand menu.
- Easy access to your organization's Pushpay giving page from within the software.
The following changes will occur in One Church while this integration is enabled:
- Transactions entered into One Church are not sent to Pushpay.
- When clicking on the "Visit Giving Portal" in the left hand navigation, if your Pushpay account has multiple merchants (e.g. giving pages) defined, the user will be given the option to select which one they want to visit. Otherwise, they will be redirected automatically if your account only has one.
How to Enable Integration
You will need the Financial Settings permission to perform this action.
Navigate to "More > Settings > Integrations" from the left hand menu. Then, locate Pushpay in the list and click on "Enable."
A pop up will appear. If you do not have an account, or have not been given API access from Pushpay yet, click on "Request access from Pushpay." An email will be sent to Pushpay containing everything they need to properly set up this integration. They will be in touch with you concerning your access. If they have already given you a client id and secret then you can skip this step.
Once you have received API access, enter the client id and secret they gave you in the appropriate fields and click the "Authorize" button. You will be asked to sign into your Pushpay account and allow One Church Software access to your account. The pop up will list exactly what you are allowing the system to do. You should sign in using an administrator account.
Important: if you do not see the pop up where you can sign into your Pushpay account, the browser may be blocking pop ups from opening. Make sure you allow pop ups for onechurchsoftware.com.
Once you authorize One Church Software to access your account, the integration will be complete.
Importing Past Contributions
Once the integration is enabled, all contributions moving forward will be automatically imported into the system and matched to the appropriate person's profile (if possible). See this article on how to handle any unmatched contributions that may appear.
You can also manually import any contributions within a specified date range. We recommend you import any past contributions if you would like to have them in the system as these will not be imported automatically.
To do this, navigate to "Contributions > Transactions" from the left hand menu. Select the arrow next to "Add New" and click on "Import Pushpay Transactions".
A pop up will appear with the following fields:
- Start Date - the date of the earliest transaction to import
- End Date - the date of the latest transaction to import
Once you are finished, click on the "Import" button to import all transactions within the specified date range. Remember, One Church Software automatically syncs both systems together so there is no need to do this for future payments.