You will need the Financial Settings permission to perform this action.
There are two ways to add the giving portal on your website. Neither option below requires the donor to login or set up an account.
Hosted Page. This is simply a link that you would direct your website visitors to and is in the form https://app.onechurchsoftware.com/[subdomain]/egiving where [subdomain] is the first part of your account URL.
Embedded. This option allows you to embed the giving portal directly on your church's website. Donors never leave your website. Note, you can only embed the giving portal on web page that is protected via SSL (i.e. page URL starts with https://). If you are using Wix, do not use the embed option due to an issue with Wix's editor. Instead, redirect the donor to our hosted page.
Embedding the giving portal on an external web site allows you to completely brand the giving experience. Donors will not need to log into One Church, but can instead simply visit your website to give. The whole process takes less than a minute!
To get the link or embed code, navigate to "Contributions > Settings" in the left hand menu and click on "Custom Giving Portal".
A pop up will appear containing the link to the Public Portal (Hosted Page) and the HTML embed code to include on your website in the gray area. If you leave everything at the default, the embed code will work exactly like the normal giving portal.
Important: you only need the "Hosted URL" or the "Embed Code" depending on how you want to add the giving portal on your website. You generally would not use both.
If you need to customize the portal, the following options are available:
- Allow donations to which designations? - choose which funds you will allow donations to here. Defaults to all designations set up for your merchant.
- Initial Amount - entering a value here will prepopulate the gift amount to a specific value.
- Selected Fund - only appears if you pick specific funds. If set, the selected fund will automatically be chosen for the donor (they can always change it)
For the embed code, you also have an area where you can change the colors in use on the giving portal. This will only be applied if embedding the portal on your web page. This is to help make it better match the colors on your web page so you can provide a seamless experience. In general, set the Background Color to whatever the background color is on the web page where you will embed the portal.
- You can only embed the giving portal once on your web page. Doing it multiple times will cause them to interfere with each other. If you would like to add multiple custom giving portals on a page, our recommendation is to use the Hosted URL which redirect the user to the hosted version (see next point).
- Instead of embedding, you can also just redirect the person to the guest giving portal. No login is needed. The URL is located at the top under the "Hosted URL" section.