You will need the Financial Settings permission to perform this action.
This is optional as donors can always visit the guest giving page (see Helpful Tips below) or sign into their One Church account to give.
Important: you can only embed the giving portal on web page that is protected via SSL (i.e. page URL starts with https://). If you are using Wix, do not use the embed option due to an issue with Wix's editor. Instead, redirect the donor to our hosted page.
Embedding the giving form on an external web site allows you to completely brand the giving experience. Donors will not need to log into One Church, but can instead simply visit your website to give. The whole process takes less than a minute!
To do this, navigate to "Contributions > Settings" in the left hand menu and click on "Custom Giving Portal".
A pop up will appear containing the HTML embed code to include on your website in the gray area. If you leave everything at the default, the embed code will work exactly like the normal giving portal.
If you need to customize the portal, the following options are available:
- Allow donations to which funds? - choose which funds you will allow donations to here. If none are selected, all funds visible on your giving portal will be shown.
- Initial Amount - entering a value here will prepopulate the gift amount to a specific value.
- Selected Fund - only appears if you pick specific funds on the left hand side. If set, the selected fund will automatically be chosen for the donor (they can always change it)
- Design - this section lets you change the colors in use on the giving portal. This will only be applied if embedding the portal on your web page. This is to help make it better match the colors on your web page so you can provide a seamless experience.
- You can only embed the giving portal once on your web page. Doing it multiple times will cause them to interfere with each other. If you would like to add multiple custom giving portals on a page, our recommendation is to add them as links which redirect the user to the hosted version (see next point).
- Instead of embedding, you can also just redirect the person to the guest giving portal. No login is needed. The URL is located at the top under the "Hosted URL" section.