You will need the Full Write Resources permission to perform this action.
Go to "More > Resources" in the left hand navigation menu and then the "Items" tab. From here, click on the "Add New" button.
A pop up will appear with the following fields:
- Campus - the campus this item is located at. This is a required field.
- Name - the name of the item (e.g. Tables, Chairs, Beverage Service)
- Grouping - an optional category to put this item in (e.g. Furniture, Service)
- Description - a description for this item that others can read.
- Quantity - the total inventory on hand.
- Approval Strategy - whether this item requires an approval to reserve. Please read this article for more information.
You can check the "Keep open and add another" if adding multiple items at once.
Once finished. hit to "Save" button to complete adding the item. You will be redirected to the item details page.
Defining Additional Questions
You can optionally enter additional questions you would like people who request this item to answer before submitting their request. To do so, from the item details page, select the "Questions" tab and click on the "Add new question" button.
A pop up will appear where you can add any of the fields you normally could add to a custom form (except the donation and ticket/item field). For more information on each field type, please read this article.
If a question must be answered, make sure you change the "Is Required?" field to "Yes."
Once finished, click on the "Add" button to add the custom question to the item. Once you have more than one question defined, you can click and drag to reorder fields.