You will need the Limited Write Financial permission to perform this action.
There are three ways you can add a new batch to One Church Software. The first is to click on the "New" drop down menu at the top of any page, and click on "Transaction." In the pop up that appears, click on "Create New Batch."
The second way is to navigate to the batch listing and click on the "Add New" button at the top.
The third way is to navigate to the transactions listing and click on the "Add New" button at the top. In the pop up that appears, click on "Create New Batch."
Regardless of which method you choose, a pop up will appear where you can enter the details for the batch. The following fields are available:
- Batch Name - the name of the batch. This field is required.
- Posting Date - this is the date for all transactions expected on that batch. This will also be the default date when adding transaction to the batch. Note, you are able to add transaction to the batch with a different date. This field is required and defaults to today's date.
- Expected Amount - the total amount you expect to enter in the batch. This will help you makes sure all transactions are entered as expected.
- Campus - the campus this batch is for
- Service - the service at the campus this batch is for. This field will only appear if you selected a campus.
- Description - a description for this batch
Once you complete the required fields, click on "Create" to add the batch. You will be redirected to the batch to start entering transactions.