You will need the Limited Write Financial permission to perform this action.
Transaction are added to batches. You can either create a new one or open an existing one. From within the batch, you can either add transactions individually, or import them in bulk. If the batch has a status of "Closed," you will not be able to add new transactions.
Click on "Add transactions" from the "Actions" menu in the top right.
A pop up will appear with the following fields:
- Date - the date the contribution was given
- Anonymous? - If yes, this transaction will not be linked to a person. Choose this if you do not know anything about the person. If no, you will be required to specify who this transaction is for.
The next field is actually a drop down allowing you to link this transaction to a person in the system. Click on the label to change the search method. Note that if you choose an archived person, they will be unarchived if you create a transaction for them. A note will be added to their profile with the text "Giving activity recorded."
- Person - type in the input box to search for a person profile
- Check Scanner - you will need a check scanner attached to your computer to use this method. Once selected, scan the check. The system will search for any people who have given using the routing and account number on the check. If more than one person is found, you will be given the opportunity to select one of them. The details of the check (except the amount) will also be auto populated in the form for you. The payment method will also be changed automatically to "Check." Note: the scanner should be in keyboard emulation mode to work properly. To check if you are in the proper mode, scan a check into notepad. If text appears, then everything is ready. Otherwise, check your scanner's instruction manual for details on changing the mode. We recommend MagTek scanners. Here is a link to one on Amazon.
- Envelope Number - allows you to search by envelope number. If more than one person matches the envelope number given, you will be able to choose one of them.
Person Details (Unmatched)
These fields will only appear if you select "No" for "Is Anonymous?" and you do not link a person to the transaction using the methods in the previous section.
- Name - the full name of the person
- Email - an email address for the person
- Phone - a phone number of the person
This section contains the funds and amounts being contributed. Checking the "lock" option keeps the selected funds after adding the transaction (amounts are still cleared). This is useful if you are adding multiple transactions under the same funds.
You can use the plus ("+") and minus ("-") buttons to add and remove funds respectively. A sum of all funds entered will appear at the bottom.
The "Tax Deductible" (TD) checkmark is initially toggled based on whether the fund selected is tax deductible or not. You are able to override that setting individually here.
This is the payment method used for this transaction. Checking the "lock" option keeps the selected payment method after adding the transaction. This is useful if you are adding multiple transactions under the same payment method. Some of the fields change depending on which value is chosen.
- Method - the method used. You can add, edit, and delete methods using the drop down menu to the right. You will need the Financial Settings permission to do this.
- Confirmation # - an optional reference number for this transaction.
If the method chosen is "Credit Card," the following fields appear:
- Charge? - if yes, a form will appear allowing you to enter their credit card details. This will cause their credit card to be immediately charged once you finish adding this transaction.
- Last 4 Digits - the last 4 digits of the credit card. Not shown if you opt to charge their credit card immediately.
If the method chosen, is "Check," the following fields appear:
- Routing Number - the bank routing number
- Account Number - the account number at the bank
- Check # - the number of the check
This section contains miscellaneous information.
- Business - select a business from the drop down if you want to link this transaction to a business. If linked, this transaction will not appear on the person's giving statement, but will instead appear on the business giving statement.
- Notes - any notes you want to include with this transaction.
To import transaction, click on "Import transactions" from the "Actions" menu in the top right.
A pop up will appear asking you to upload a CSV file containing the transactions to import (must include column headers). The system will ask you to map columns in the CSV to fields on the transaction record. In this way, you will be able to import transactions from any 3rd party system.
Fields that can be imported are:
- Date - the date of the transaction. If none given, the current date is used.
- Amount - the amount given. This field is required.
- Person ID - the ID of the person in One Church Software. This can be found in the URL when viewing a profile. Since this can change when performing a profile merge, it is recommended to assign envelope numbers instead.
- Full Name - the first and last name of the person.
- Email - the person's email address
- Phone - the person's phone number
- Envelope # - envelope number assigned to the person
- Confirmation - the transaction confirmation number
- Method - the payment method. If empty, "Credit Card" will be used instead. Otherwise, the method will be added if not found..
- Fund - the fund the transaction is for. If empty, "General Fund" will be used instead. Otherwise, the fund will be added if not found.
- Notes - any notes to be imported with the transaction
- Street Address - the payer's street address
- City - the payer's city
- State - the payer's state
- Postal Code - the payer's zip code
After uploading the file, the system will parse it and guess which columns correspond to needed information on a contribution record.
Using the drop downs, select the CSV columns which correspond to the information requested. Any fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Imported transactions have a status of "Paid"
Once you are satisfied with the mapping, click on "Import" to finish importing the transactions. If there are no errors, the batch will refresh and the new transactions will appear.