You will need the Full Write Pledges permission to perform this action.
There are two ways you can add a new giving campaign to One Church Software. The first is to click on the "New" drop down menu at the top of any page, and click on "Giving Campaign."
The other way is to go to "Contributions > Pledges" in the left hand navigation menu and click on the "Add New" button at the top.
Regardless of which method you choose, a pop up will appear where you can enter the details for this giving campaign. The following fields are available:
- Name - this is the name of the campaign. This field is required.
- Description - a description detailing what the purpose of the campaign is and anything else you want to include.
- Date Range - the start and end date for the campaign. Both the start and end date are required.
- Goal Amount - the amount of money you are looking to raise. If blank, the goal for the campaign will equal the sum of all pledges.
- Pledges Only? - If yes, only contributions entered that are part of a campaign pledge will count towards the goal. If no, all gifts to a campaign fund will count for this campaign regardless if there is an existing pledge or not.
- Campaign Funds - select the funds which should apply to this campaign. Whenever a pledge contribution comes in for a chosen fund within the time period specified above, it will be credited to this campaign.
Once complete, click on the "Save" button to create the campaign. You will be redirected to the campaign screen.
How are contributions credited to the campaign?
When a contribution is entered into the system (regardless of how), the date and fund for the transaction is used to determine which campaign it should be credited to. The system will look for a campaign which is active at the time the contribution was given and for the fund entered.
If the campaign is marked as "Pledges Only?" then the contribution must have been given by the person who pledged. Otherwise, any contribution which matches the campaign date range and fund will count.
Important: You can create giving campaigns with overlapping date ranges. However, if there is an overlap, the two campaigns cannot share a fund.